Premier Foods

What we do: Premier is a leading South African based national staple foods producer and a fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) manufacturer. Its strong brands include Snowflake (wheat flour), Iwisa No 1 and Nyala (maize meal), Blue Ribbon (bread), Lil-lets (feminine hygiene), Manhattan and Super C (sugar confectionery) and Companhia Industrial da Matola S.A.(CIM) food brand portfolio (Top Score, Polana, Florbela and Favorita) in Mozambique. Its fleet of around 950 bakery trucks make over 40,000 deliveries a day. Premier produces and sells 559 million loaves of bread and 1.79 million tons of maize and wheat per year and has significant exposure to the informal market which accounts for 70% of bread sales volumes.

Ownership & Management: Premier Foods is 91.1% owned by Brait and the remaining 8.9% shareholding is with directors, employees and associate companies.

Key financial indicators: Premier’s revenue for the nine months ended 31 March 2016, which includes the acquisitions made in FY2015, increased by 32% on the comparative period. Group EBITDA margin improved to 10.5%, generating an increase in EBITDA of 41% for the period. The NAV is currently R11.6bn.

Track record: Strong brands include Snowflake (wheat flour), Iwisa No 1 and Nyala (maize meal), Blue Ribbon (bread), Lil-lets (feminine hygiene), Manhattan and Super C (sugar confectionery) and Companhia Industrial da Matola S.A.(CIM) food brand portfolio (Top Score, Polana, Florbela and Favorita) in Mozambique.

Client contact details: Tel: (+27) 11 565 4300 Email: arnouw.vanderschyf@premierfmcg.com

Or contact us for free additional information at info@peafrinsights.co.za