- This event has passed.
Electricity Economics in Changing Electricity Markets (Online course)
November 15, 2021
The new economics of power markets in a low-carbon world
Are you ready for the new challenges & opportunities as power markets around the world evolve? This is an essential course both for those generating and trading electricity and for those responsible for policy within the power industry. It leads you through a clear, accessible and thorough examination of the economics of power generation, from power plant cost influences to end-customer prices. It contextualises this analysis with key consideration of industry drivers and trends, including increasingly liberalised and competitive markets, evolving policy support and management frameworks, the growth and integration of renewable power sources, and the restructuring of power systems towards more decentralised operations.
The presenter allows for and encourages plenty of Q&A and discusses the issues from multiple stakeholder perspectives; including power plant owners, investors, policymakers and energy customers. This online course is an essential primer for those seeking to navigate successful business routes through transitioning electricity systems.
We’ll examine these key questions:
- Which variables drive the economics of electricity generation?
- How do generation costs combine with other factors to produce end-use electricity prices?
- How are current technology & system trends impacting electricity costs and prices?
- What are policymakers doing to keep costs down?
- Who are the key stakeholders and influencers on electricity economics?
- What are the value-chain impacts of market liberalisation and competition?
- How are solar and wind power (and other low-carbon options) changing market environments?
Benefits of Attending
- Clear, independent and business-focused introduction
- Language designed for non-experts; particularly senior executives, policymakers & investment decision-makers
- Core knowledge building, including up-to-the-minute examples from markets around the world
- Interactive discussion of key market and economic variables
- Quantification of key issues using simple numerical calculations, real data and Excel-based tools
Live Online Course
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Venue: Virtual event
Date: Commences – 15 November 2021
Time: Whole day event
Tel: +65 6325 0210