Mastering Renewable Power (Online Course)
In increasing parts of the world, renewable power sources – particularly solar and wind – are now the cheapest way to generate electricity. This, combined with being crucial mechanisms by which to lower the carbon emissions of energy systems, means they are also the fastest-growing supply of new power generating capacity. It is vital that anyone involved in electricity systems, from new power project developers to incumbent utilities, investors and policymakers, has a thorough understanding of how renewables are impacting the energy mix and the business models of both themselves and their competitors.
This course is designed for those seeking a comprehensive understanding of renewable power, from its market value to the processes of project and investment case development, and risk assessment. You will have a clearly explained review of renewable power trends and project development essentials; including key stages, processes, contracts and risk mitigation approaches. As a commercially-focused person, you need to have these issues discussed within a business case and investment context, illustrated by examples from around the world. You will build a knowledge base and skillset that is applicable to power projects of multiple types, so that it remains useful wherever your career next takes you.
Benefits of attending:
- Understand the factors driving the growth of renewable power
- Review data and statistics on deployment trends, costs and other key metrics
- Learn how to develop renewable power projects
- Evaluate the contrasts between different types of renewable power, from both project development and energy mix perspectives
- Discuss how channel to market choices and value propositions are evolving, and the impact on project development and business case
- Learn new trends such as storage and ‘flexibility’
- Quantify how multiple variables and risk considerations come together to determine the financial case for renewable power investments
- Stay up-to-date by project examples, business models and deployment approaches from across the world
Venue: Virtual event
Date: Commences – 19 April 2021
Time: Whole day event
Tel: +65 6325 0210