Join Frontier Live for the Stepping Up: Can Oil Companies be the Champions of Net Zero? Webinar on Thursday, 25 June 2020, 14:00 – 15:15 (British Summer Time). Speakers will discuss the question of whether oil companies can be the champions of net zero and whether it is time we saw a stepping up from the industry on commitments and investments towards a net zero future.
Key discussion points:
- As industries reduce dependency on fossil fuels, is it time for oil companies to proactively invest in clean energy?
- How has the disruption seen from COVID-19 and low price oil impacted the energy transition momentum?
- Why are oil and gas companies not leading investments in clean energy technologies and projects?
- Is funding the main barrier to developing technologies such as carbon capture, usage and storage (CCUS)?
- Do governments need to provide more incentives and support for net zero investment?
- How can collaboration be improved across industry, governments and regulators to accelerate?
- What now for COP26? What would be a good outcome from COP26 UK after an inconclusive Summit in Madrid?
- What are the net zero success stories and how should the oil and gas industry be behaving?
- What are the opportunities for the oil business? Is this a chance for a much needed and over-due re-brand of the IOC’s from oil and fossil fuels to energy company?
To join the discussion, go to https://www.frontierenergy.network/stepping-up-can-oil-companies-be-the-champions-of-net-zero