Join Frontier Live for the impact of Covid-19 on Africa’s oil explorers & producers Webinar on Thursday, 21 May, 2pm – 2:45pm (British Summer Time). Roderick Bruce (Research & Analysis Associate Director, Africa Petroleum Sector Risk, IHS Markit), Keith Myers (President, Research, Westwood Global Energy) Ian Cloke (Executive Vice President, Tullow Oil) and Dorie McGuinness (Senior Vice President, New Ventures of Kosmos Energy) will discuss the evolving picture and delays that we can expect on Africa’s key exploration projects and licensing rounds.
Key discussion Points;
- Covid-19 and a generation of low oil price, plus demand cratering. Surely investment in Africa will crater? – Discuss!
- Where does exploration in Africa go from here?
- Has Covid-19 and the oil price altered how you will explore?
- Will Covid-19 change how we operate?
- Will there be any impact on commercialising Africa’s gas?
- How has Africa managed through the Covid-19 crisis compared to other areas?
- How have you managed through the crisis?
- Have governments been proactive in responding to license commitments?
- What impact do you think Covid-19 and also the oil price crash will have on activity in 2020 and beyond?
- How do you think Africa E&P will be respond to the lower oil price environment forward?
- How will the impact of COVID-19 influence the speed toward the energy transition?