Join Frontier Live for the Africa Exploration in Focus: Somalia Webinar on Thursday, 2 July 2020, 14:00 – 14:45 (British Summer Time). Speakers will discuss the opportunity of Somalia in a unique interactive session on this emerging play in East Africa. Seven blocks are on offer in the country’s offshore and the closing date has been set for 12 March 2021. The country offers a “highly prospective frontier basin with multiple plays” according to TGS.
- Where are the blocks on offer (152, 153, 164, 165, 177, 178 and 204)?
- What does the Somalian Model PSA look like?
- What is the importance of a positive outcome for the license round for the Somalian people and economy?
- How does the Somalia’s Petroleum Law and revenue sharing agreement compare with other jurisdictions?
- What does the hydrocarbon revenues and fiscal regime look like?
- What are the above the ground and below the ground risks?
- What is the size of the opportunity and data available now?
- What the are the key milestones in the bid round process?
Frontier is pleased to announce that H.E Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum & Mineral Resources of the Federal Republic of Somalia will join Frontier LIVE in a unique interactive session on this exciting, emerging play in East Africa; Somalia’s First Offshore Licensing Round. This licensing round will open on 4th of August 2020 and will be closing on 12th March 2021 and more information will follow at the webinar session on 2 July 2020.
Join the discussion at https://www.frontierenergy.network/africa-exploration-in-focus-somalia